[meteorite-list] Huge Increase in Meteorite "help me" or "buy me" emails.

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:20:36 -0400

Al,
Brilliantly stated.
look no farther than Almahatta sitta. It's crust is wrong (some pieces have crusts with holes in them while others have no crust) . It's SG weight is wrong (most meteorites feel heavy whereas most of these do not) . It's morphology and texture are wrong ( most meteorites are smooth while many of these are very rough and jagged and have pores ) . It's lack of metal ( some pieces lack metal) And finally , some pieces look totally different than others (because they are totally different) Very cool. Between Almahatta Sitta and Lovina alone, it seems to me we need to take a second and third look at every prospect. As these are two of the most amazing meteorites ever. I hear there will soon be announced a new meteorite that is nearly 50% magnetite? Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax