[meteorite-list] eBay meteorite and crater

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:14:34 -0700

Hello All,
The "crater" is typical in appearance of many mining prospects in gold
rush country, and the stone itself appears to be hematite - there
looks to be a nice seam of quartz running through it in some of the
photos. If it is, it would actually make sense - the prospector who
dug the hole might have thought that there could be other
metal-bearing ores nearby.
Sometimes you can find great stuff on ebay...sometimes not.
Regards,
Jason