[meteorite-list] No nickel-free iron meteorites

From: Paul H. <oxytropidoceras_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 5:38:45 -0500

Walter wrote:

?Hi Rob,

.nucleosynthesis...

Ah, one of my favorite words. I try to use it at least once a week :-)

-Walter

(give-me-some-hydrogen-atoms-and-I-can-create-any-heavier-
element-up-to-iron)

Branch?

In that case, some interesting PDF files about nucleosynthesis are:

Origin of the Elements

1. Nuclear Science?A Guide to the Nuclear Science Wall Chart,
Contemporary Physics Education Project (CPEP)

http://www.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/teachersguide/pdf/Chap10.pdf

2. Origin of the Elements, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth and
Terrestrial Planets, MIT OpenCourseWare, 2008

http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Earth--Atmospheric--and-Planetary-Sciences/12-002Fall-2008/7B3B76D2-4AE3-40B8-BE1E-E4C0EFD88EA3/0/MIT12_002f08_lec3_4.pdf

or http://tiny.cc/ironfree1

3. I. The Origin of the Elements, Galaxies, Solar System, and Earth
Past and Present Climate, MIT OpenCourseWare, 2008

http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Earth--Atmospheric--and-Planetary-Sciences/12-842Fall-2008/F4A17D2E-C8DA-4AE5-8EE0-1186B5063DF1/0/part1_lec1.pdf

or http://tiny.cc/ironfree2

Yours,

Paul H.