[meteorite-list] NWA 5980 Iron-rich Winonaite

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:54:48 +0100

Hello
Finally, I finished first few slices of my new/old Winonaite, paired to NWA
4024.

Specimen was purchased in 2007 as iron meteorite. Becouse there was no place
where I could make classification of iron meteorite, It stay unclassified
for very long time. Then in 2008 I saw identical looking meteorite in
Ensisheim classified as winonaite. I could not belive that I have the same
material. Specimen was send to classification in 2009 and Ted Bunch
confirmed that my sample is paired to NWA 4024.

So there it is. After soo many years its finally there at least :)
Till now, I have only 4 slices ready, one slice wait for polishing and
etching and one will be investigated in Silesia University. But I alredy cut
this specimen, so if someone want bigger slice, please contact me, becouse
every new slice will be bigger than previous one. All slices ofcourse cut
into 2mm full slices.

Met.Bulletin entry on NWA 4024
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?sea=4024&sfor=names&ants=&falls=&valids=&stype=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name&categ=All&mblist=All&rect=&phot=&snew=0&pnt=Normal%20table&code=34296

Go to http://www.PolandMET.com

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM: +48 (793) 567667