[meteorite-list] I thought of an idea on how to get around the price increase on eBay on some items

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:30:32 -0700

Hi Shawn and all,
        Actually, I think that would be an excellent response to the greed
Of eBay. If everyone in the meteorite community did that, it would get
The message across to buyers. Of course, it would have to be a "sliding
Scale" application, as the "shipping and handling" charges would be
Perhaps only $5 above actual shipping cost on some items but could
Go up to hundreds on other items.
        SCREW EBAY -These dudes are making BILLIONS on nothing
But their automated system. Not one minute of additional work or
Other overhead has been involved in their 8.75% of cost sellers premium.
It isn't as though they have had to hire more help or pay higher rent
Or deal with increased travel expenses or ONE THING - they just
Arbitrarily decided, "hay, we got millions of sellers now depending on
Us - we can start sucking them dry!" and, like the stinking credit card
Banks jerk people around legally. SCREW EBAY.
        I think this is a splendid partial solution.
        Way to go Shawn.
        Michael