[meteorite-list] GPS ....any good recommendations?

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

If you are looking for the most versatile unit, check out the Garmin Oregon 550t.

The built in camera records the long/lat of the unit when you take a pic. (No need to carry a camera and a gps when hunting). It'll let load said image and it will navigate you back to that exact location.

You can add custom maps.

You can add a street map and then get turn by turn directions in you vehicle.

Many more features too.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145&pID=26876#specsTab

About $500

--