[meteorite-list] ATTENTION: Scientists and Researchers Who Classify Meteorites.. Urgent

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:27:12 -0400

Hi, Mike and All,

I'm sure most of us have hoped for a dependable/predictable service.
I haven't seen an "ugly" or "ordinary" meteorite yet, once it's held under a microscope, and wanted to know the classification specifics.

Is your proposed high fee the incentive for quick work?
>$250.00?!
I'm confident that most on this List are amateurs, and not in that league!

Dean Bessey had a service advertised on his old New Zealand web site for ~$90.00 USD, promising a result in about a half year, if I remember right.
Has anyone on the List tried that one?
Or another institution that doesn't sit on samples?

Maybe we could have an on-going thread which lists institutions that are quick and reasonable and needing of customers, and also post cautions for which to avoid because of their overwhelming backlog.

Cheers,
Pete