[meteorite-list] Whats the average Strewn Field size for meteorite fall and could size predict Strewn Field size?

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:59:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
?
I have a good question about the average size of a Strewn Fields. A good example would be the Ash Creek fall in 2009. Whats the size of that Strewn Field and the collected amount of?weight so far from that fall? Why I ask is because?there could be a pattern with size of meteorites, the amount of meteorites recovered, or the lack there of, and?one might be able to predict the size of the Strewn Field even if?there is only one or two meteorite pieces recovered. This average could be applied to the Lorton Fall a few months ago in Virgina, which to this date only one individual pieces has been recovered at 318g. One could suggest?that?this piece could be the main?mass and calculate the mean average of the suggested?strewn field that could result from this weight. By doing this?and also cross?referencing with other falls that have?a?mean average weight from the main mass and?TKW recovered could this?predict the average size of the strewn field
 as long as the class of the meteorites falls are?in the same category?
?
Shawn Alan
?