[meteorite-list] Central Florida bolide of 30 March 2010

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:38:32 -0700

Just as a side note. Like I said in my last email. I'm from that area.
If it landed SE of Gainesville you're looking at a possible fall in
Ocala area, that HUGE area is mostly National forest! Not only that it's
super thick with palmetto and pine forests, lakes, and swamps. Good luck
out there! Watch for moccasins and cottonmouth, oh yeah and gators too.

You'll also have to consider Camp Blanding Army base and Cecil Field,
Jennings State park if it fell further north. The area out toward Lake
Butler and Baldwin are country and farming. There's lot of dairy farms
and soy bean/corn farmers out that way. There is big paper mill on 301
and 218. They own a large swath of land in the area. This is all planted
pine in neat little rows. I know during hunting season they used to open
the area to deer hunters. Not sure if they still do that, but it's worth
a try to contact them if it turns out it fell there. Let's hope!

Hope it didn't land in the drink with all those tiny lakes between
Keystone Heights and Ocala.

Regards,
Eric