[meteorite-list] Central Florida bolide of 30 March 2010

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:51:20 -0400

Hi Rob and List,

Here is another witness account below from Eric Wichman. I input the data
into another map, including a RED line which may represent a corrected line
of sight for the Sebring witness. If the Gainesville witness was slightly
off direction, or was viewing to the SE and not due south, that would bring
the Gainesville line more to the SE, making all lines closer to around
"Ocala" which Rob suggests, not to mention one of my first guesses for radar
images from my first email with first map, "I would check for radar images
from Ocala, Orlando, Tampa and Lakeland." :-)

My updated witness map, to the best of some quick guessing:
http://www.lunarrock.com/floridafireball3-30-10/florida3-30-10a.jpg

New Port Richey, FL
28?14'58.87"N
82?41'55.97"W
(Corner's of "Main St. & Rowen Rd.)

Hope this helps! Now I wish I was not leaving tomorrow. :-/
If I hear of any finds by tomorrow morning, I will be canceling tomorrow's
flight! If anyone hears of anything found, please contact me by email or
cell phone at gmhupe at htn.net or 206-898-0146 cell (I may fly back and end my
other hunting trips early).

Good Luck!
Greg

New Port Richey, FL witness:
Date: Fireball Sighting. March 30, 2010
Time Of Sighting: 21:20
Report: It was north of the full moon but higher. When I first looked I
thought of a single strand of fireworks. No sound and it extinguished in
less than 5 seconds.
Name: Al
Location: Rowan Rd& Main St, New Port Richey,FL
Coordinates:
Constellations:
Direction Of Travel: North
Line Of Sight: NE