[meteorite-list] Are these authentic Buzzard Coulees?

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:12:56 -0700

Melanie,
You must have missed Tett's reply, under a slightly modified subject line...
After sharing this info with the seller, she's asking me where to get the
permits.
Linton

Very incorrect.

All Buzzard Coulee as well as any other Canadian meteorite must be sent
with a permit. It takes some time but very little cost to get the
permit. The officials I dealt with were very friendly and helpful
making the experience pleasant if not lengthy.

The seller can probably get away with shipping these across the boarder
but the stones are more valuable if they have proper export
documentation. If the seller is caught then they risk fines and losing
the stones.

Cheers!

tett