[meteorite-list] WI Meteorite Hunting Statistics

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 12:31:37 -0700

Hi All,

I agree with Greg as far as how best to tally food expenses
while "in the field".

> When I went to PA looking for the fall, food cost more then
> 2x what we normally would have spent. It cost more (than)
> travel costs. In my opinion, food should be counted to an
> extent of above and beyond normal costs.

In my case, I would actually have to apply a *discount* to
my hunting expenses for going to Wisconsin. Restaurant prices
there were less than half what they are for a comparable
restaurant in southern California! :-) By the way, our
favorite dinner place was Tony's Tap in downtown Mineral
Point: excellent bacon cheeseburgers.

--Rob