[meteorite-list] Official Announcement NWA 6077 is Paired with NWA 5400

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:04:53 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, what am I missing?

NWA 5363 has been confirmed with a published TKW of 2455 grams.
NWA 6292 has been confirmed with a published TKW of 725 grams.
NWA 6077 has been confirmed with a published TKW of 1010 grams.

All 3 above have been confirmed by scientists to be paired with NWA 5400 that has a published TKW of 4818 grams...

Does that not make the "over 10kg" I originally stated, only to be "warned" about making assumptions of pairings that are already known and public on this list to be paired? Just ask Norbert of the IMCA... he has surely been swamped with work due to the drama over pairings to 5400.

If you dont think the brachinites are coming out of the woodwork, ask Tony Irving or anyone else qualified to test such rare material, I am sure they will tell you it is.

To be perfectly clear, I do not own any of this or the pairings for sale.
I own NONE of 5363 and have no interest in 6077. I have a part slice of 5400 which I bought early and for 10x as much as what I got 6292 for. Im not mad, or upset. I bought early and thats a risk with doing so.

All I did is comment on the TKW of the material and pairings and I was hit with comments concerning me and directed at me (Publicly) questioning my post and the claims I made to TKW.

You can try to make me look like the bad guy here, but Im not and you wont.

Martin wants to mention my angrite, and since Im on a roll... Was is not Adam Hupe himself who said my NWA 6291 did not look paired due to how it looked so much different then the samples he presented?
What made that any different then others commenting on potential pairings of 5400? There is none other then who said it.
People publicly questioned Tony Irvings data due to appearance. Plain and simple.

Thats all I have to say about this.

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682