[meteorite-list] Transfer of Life-Bearing Meteorites from Earth to Other Planets

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:42:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers,

Here is a research paper I found on the Internet today and I think its an interesting paper to bring new ideas on how parent bodies can seed life to other parts of the galaxy. Take a look and enjoy.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Transfer of Life-Bearing Meteorites from Earth to Other Planets

Tetsuya Hara, Ph.D., Kazuma Takagi, MSc, and Daigo Kajiura, MSc,
Department of Physics, Kyoto Sangyo University,
Kamigamo Motoyama, Kitaku, Kyoto, Japan

1. Introduction

A number of scientists now believe that micro-organisms can be transferred
to and from various planets and moons, including from Earth to other worlds
(Joseph and Schild 2010a,b; Napier and Wickramasinghe 2010; Wainwright
et al., 2010). To determine the probability of the transfer of viable organisms between planets, we have used Earth as the origin of these life-bearing rocks and have determined the likelihood that viable life could be deposited on those stellar objects in this solar system which are believed capable of sustain life, i.e. Enceladus, Europa, Ceres and dwarf planet Eris. Recently it has been reported that the detection of the super-Earth planets in the Gl 581 system which reside at the warming edge of the habitable zone of the star (Udry et. al. 2007). Therefore, we also investigate the probability of successful transfer to extra solar planets, such as Gl 581. The propagation distances of life-bearing rocks are also estimated, and we have determined that under some circumstances, life originating in one stellar system could propagate throughout Galaxy.

http://journalofcosmology.com/PanspermiaHara.pdf