[meteorite-list] Meteorite magazine

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:37:45 -0700 (MST)

Dear Friends:

By now, all of you who subscribe to Meteorite magazine should have gotten
your August issue. We hope that you like the changes. With Jessica Park
leaving as Production Manager, we were asked to take over the production
of the August issue and look into ways to increase circulation. We wanted
this to be the first step in bringing Meteorite into the twenty-first
century. We think that we succeeded. Please let us know what you think of
the new style; we worked hard on this.

Nancy and I could not have done it alone. Carol Nelson was our
professional graphic designer and we had advice from Geoff Notkin and
Maria Haas. We especially want to thank Maria for all of the work she did.
She was invaluable in helping in the layout and in the proofing of the
final product, not an easy task. She also took on the task of getting
nearly 20 new subscribers and advertisers. No magazine can survive without
a source of loyal readers and advertisers. Thank you, Maria.
That said, Nancy and I must now say good-bye to Meteorite magazine. We are
doing this for both personal and professional reasons. With several key
personnel and policy changes at the publishing end, we felt that it was
time for us to move on. We will miss the interaction with our readers, but
look forward to maintaining the friendships we have formed over the last
five years.

Anyone wanting to submit articles to for publication should do so through
metpub at uark.edu. At the moment, we do not know who will be taking over as
Editor or Production Manager.

We thank all of you for your support of Meteorite magazine.

Larry and Nancy Lebofsky