[meteorite-list] Meteorite Guides on eBay

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:53:28 -0500

> as Barnum stated so well, "There
> is a sucker born every minute."

Sir,

    You malign the noble Phineas Taylor Barnum,
a great American and a creative genius.

As they say nowadays, "Google It!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._T._Barnum
" widely but erroneously credited with coining the phrase..."

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html
P. T. Barnum Never Did Say
"There's a Sucker Born Every Minute"

http://sniggle.net/barnum.php
"...A charmingly appropriate legacy, that,
since it wasn't he who said it."

But he was involved in the genesis of the phrase:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010217164410/http://www.discovery.com/guides/history/historybuff/library/refbarnum.html
It was said by a small time con man named David
Hannum, creator of the Cardiff Giant Hoax. A petty
con man is something Phineas Taylor Barnum never was.

By his death, there were more books authored by Barnum
in print in the USA than anything else except the Bible.
Read the wikipedia article (cited above) for a catalog of the
character and accomlplishments of a man who deserves
to be remembered for more than a mis-quotation.

You can read or download one of Barnum's best books at:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/www/barnum/moneygetting/
"ART OF MONEY GETTING, or, Golden Rules for Making Money
by P. T. Barnum, 1880." Sound advice and all of it as good as
the day it was writ.

Now, can someone show me the way to the Egress?

Sterling K. Webb