[meteorite-list] Other hobbies?

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:54:56 EDT

Hi all...just got back from my 9 day canoe trip on the Green River in Utah
and found this interesting thread. So...here's my list of hobbies...

1) Ten years of serious meteor observing...don't do it now.
2) Scenic and Still Life Photography...Very active about 30 years
ago...took a break for about 20 years and began again these last 8 years.
3) Fishing...not as much as I use to, but put a pole in my hands and the
juices flow again.
4) Meteorite collecting on a minor scale.
5) gold prospecting...not as much this year due to the California
Moratorium on dredging.
6) Genealogy research of my family...Been doing this for about 40 years.
My Gr Gr Grandfather was a Texas Ranger in 1850 and also fought with Gen.
Sam Houston at the Battle of San Jacinto that ended the Texas war of
independence. Recently found out that I'm an 8th cousin to Edwin Hubble.

George Zay