[meteorite-list] 21SEP2010 Bolides over TX, NM, CO

From: Marc Fries <fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:08:19 -0700

Howdy

        I agree - I couldn't find anything in the radar data. The fireball terminus occurred at extreme range for two of the radars (Albuquerque and Cannon AFB) and was pretty much out of range of the Pueblo, CO radar. Ashcraft's video data shows the body breaking into at least three good-sized pieces before going dark, so it looks to me like there may be a small number of good-sized meteorites on the ground from this one. Now that Sandia has their video online, it should be possible to triangulate a position from the pair of videos. Basically I'm saying that the video data appears to be the best route towards recovering meteorites from this event.

Cheers,
Marc Fries