[meteorite-list] nwa 5400 pairing to nwa 5363

From: Norbert Classen <riffraff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 01:11:20 +0200

Dear Aziz & All,

You wrote:

> he said too that he has given all the data that confirm
> the pairing including the isotope to norbert classen in
> end june where they talk abaout this and as i asked him
> to do so.

Maybe there's a slight misunderstanding here. I actually emailed with Dr.
Jambon in June, and we also intended to meet at the Ste. Marie Show at the
end of June where Dr. Jambon wanted to show me all the data (including the
O-isotope data). However, unfortunatelly we missed each other at the show,
and so the meeting didn't take place.

Don't get me wrong, I have no reason to doubt Dr. Jambon's word on this - I
just wanted to get the facts straight. Maybe you misunderstood Dr. Jambon?
But up to this day I haven't seen the O-isotope data for NWA 5363. All I
have seen is a writeup on NWA 5363 which didn't include the O-isotope data.

Again, that doesn't mean much, and I'm also looking forward to the official
publication of NWA 5363. This will hopefully answer all the questions.

We all need to remember that meteorite classification (including the voting
process on new meteorites at the NomCom of the Meteoritical Society) takes
time. So we as collectors should, IMHO, be patient, and wait with
conclusions until the scientific work has been done and published.

All the best,
Norbert

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

hi all
and i m happy that this issue is becoming a very polit and civilised
discussion;

well 3 months that i do not want to get caught inside this discussion any
more, but well this is becoming repeated to a point that we forget what the
debat is about,

for nwa 5363;

i get a talk on albert jambon mobile ,
i asked him that many dealers or collectors still think that nwa 5400 is not
paired to nwa 5363 and he answered me this.

he said that he have submited to the nomcom all the information, and he
coudln't have said that they are paired if he haven't done isotope

so clearly he ?indicate that he has done isotope and have submited them to
the nomcom dr wisberg or so , its on the phone.
and? he said he is surprised why the nomcom didn't pubilsh them yet,

he said too that he has given all the data that confirm the pairing
including the isotope to norbert classen in end june where they talk abaout
this and as i asked him to do so.

so i ask here
do we have?any ?guy from the nomcom here , please end this torture and tell
us if you have this data or not,and why you didn't publish them.

thanks

aziz habibi