[meteorite-list] So all meteorites are illegal?

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:06:45 -0700 (PDT)

Greg,

I'm glad you spoke with the source, Dr. Harvey. Its good to hear he was mis-quoted. I believe that to my core.

As someone who has been interviewed many times over the past decade, even being allowed to read and comment on copy before it goes to print (believe me, a hugely rare event!) the editor has the final say and can and often does change and rewrite the article.

I've had writers toil over getting the facts correct only to have the article full of mistakes. The facts got in the way of a good story.

I'd urge anyone wishing to contact Dr. Harvey, take a day and email him tomorrow. Or in several days. I'm sure he is getting inundated with calls and emails about this from the community. Knowing how busy he probably is, I have no doubt he may be regretting commenting about this just because of the time sink it could become.

Cheers

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography