[meteorite-list] BS In The NYT: Black Market Trinkets From Space

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 02:00:31 +0200

No Phil.

I have perhaps only still 30-40 years to live. Knock on wood.
I'm no almoner, nor - other than them - I'm so parasitic to be paid by the
public for insulting and for doing damage to other people and to my
professional branch.
Rather than hunting reckless idiots, who seem to haven't had any form of
education at home,
I would like to hunt meteorites.
The stones are most important for science and not these few single
intellectual will-o-wisps.
They are replaceable, the work the private meteorite sector does, is not.

In my eyes, with that article
Dr.Harvey and Dr.DiMartino made an exhibition of themselves.
They should be ashamed. They're a shame for their guild.

I think we all here on the list expect an apology from them
and a rectification by them published in the same place.

Everything else, neither a discussion with these persons, wouldn't make
sense,
before that hasn't happened.

In former times people really had more manners, education, sense of
responsibility and knowledge.

Such people make the new times, we have to live in,
and that makes me puke.

Martin

(Sorry for that expression - in my next post, you will see something more
unbelievable than that NYT-article, so that you will forgive me not to have
kept countenance...)

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----