[meteorite-list] Ad: Wanna be on TV? Coffeyville main mass auction

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:24:44 -0500

Hi Michael,

I certainly understand where you're coming from, we get tons of
"potential meteor" inquiries every week as well.

As for why this Kansas chondrite; it was offered to us at the right
time, right place, and had a good backstory.

Keep in mind that most of our clients are not specifically meteorite
collectors; they are often collectors of many things in natural
history or in other collectibles.

Also, while this show might result in an influx of people offering up
"meteor-wrongs," every major auction and tv shows also expands the
market by introducing new collectors to meteorites. Quite often I meet
people who didn't realize that owning meteorites is legal. These shows
are good for educating the public about meteorite ownership and can
possibly spark interest in new collectors.

Anyone from the list is welcomed to offer us meteorites for consignment!

- Yinan