[meteorite-list] Any Colorado falls in the last 3 years?

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 05:18:11 -0700

Hi all,

I was contacted by a person that saw me playing around with my new F75
detector in my front yard. She stops and says,
"Is that a metal detector?" and I said yes and to please not step on
those meteorites. I had several throw downs laying on the ground I
was testing with. As soon as I mentioned meteorite, she told me that
they were in Durango, CO and a rock fell and hit their trailer and
rolled down on their awning. They climbed up to see what it was and
it was a small stone which had left a mark.
She claimed they grabbed it and put it in a baggy. So I asked her if
she still had it and she said yes and she screamed off to go get it.
Well, about 15 minutes later, she came back and said it was not in the
trailer....it may be at their place in Colorado.
I told her it might be worth going and getting it.

Anyways, anyone know of any falls or witnessed fireballs that could
have dropped something in the Durango area....say in the last three
years?

Thanks for any info.

Jim Wooddell