[meteorite-list] List of meteorites from Vesta?

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

MikeG and Listerites

I am glad you added the HEDOD to the Vesta 4 question brought up by Regine. However, the question still stands but some people have said this that the reason why Olivine diogenite, and Dunite aren't listed on the Meteoritical Bulletin Database is because there needs to be more meteorites with that type of classification which isnt the case.

But again I think the wording is different on the MDB because I did see a Diogenite-olivine class so does that mean that Diogenite-olivine are the same as Olivine diogenites? Also what are Diogenite-pm and Eucrite-mmict?

All is I know I am going to be excited when when Dawn meets up with Vesta this summer. It will be interesting on the discoveries that will be found and old aged questions reconfirmed or dismissed. Time will tell.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html