[meteorite-list] Darryl's edited NYT letter

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 17:54:38 -0700

Hi List,

No doubt I'm aware that 'news'papers edit letter....I was primarily
referring to the degree that context changed from Darryl's precise words.
Adam's advice rings HUGELY true....we should shun the presses that have
agendas: even highly finely crafted words will be slaughtered to bend the
intent. The NYT has been at it for over a decade.

I suspect we all are defending our passion in meteorites to all who've been
asking us (like I've been lately), "Hey, did you see that article about your
meteorites and their black market?"....to which I personally take the golden
opportunity to not only point out the validity of collecting/studying, but
then the invalidity of slanderous NYT publications, but finish with
references and direct links to letters with true un-edited text (thanks Anne
and Darryl, again).

It's just one small drop in the water (but then again so was Tagish lake,
which happened to be frozen)...but it will eventually render hyperbole s**t
journalism to the m-wrong pile.

My salute to all of you!

Richard Montgoemry