[meteorite-list] Question for dealers re: displaying sold items

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

These damn whippersnappers! In my day we used to walk 5 miles to school in the driving snow, in June. And it was uphill against the wind in both directions!

Sorry to be a little tongue in cheek there, but that's what it sounds like. Yes. I've purchase meteorites, this year in fact, sight unseen. The dealer and their reputation is a testament to this. I also send email inquiring if items I am interested in are available. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

It makes little sense to me to fill an inventory page with material you no longer have for sale. It takes just as much time, money and effort to remove an item as it does to mark it sold and in an age when you can get a dedicated website with unlimited bandwidth for <$5 a month, and you can update your site instantly with your cell phone, I guess I have a hard time understanding why you wouldn't do that.

Of course you can always not list any inventory on your site and just tell people to contact you for a copy of your snail mail price list...

Cheers

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography