[meteorite-list] "Death by GPS" in desert

From: meteoriteguy.com <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:27:24 -0500

Working for 8 years in the Arabian desert taught me everything about safety.
Water, you can never have too much in desert areas. Tucson for example 110 daily from June to august. You should Always have water, do not leave town without it as even changing a flat tire in that heat can be fatal. We always have tourists who run out of gas or get flats and then realize that a couple hours in that heat without water can kill you. We have had prime die in the city limits just hiking on A mountain without water. you overheat and go into shock then brain damage sets in when your body gets too hot. You can die in view of homes.

never leave without supplies.
An for the worst possible scenario and you will always do ok. Fail to plan in the southwest and you may pay with your life.
Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPhone