[meteorite-list] "Death by GPS" in desert

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

ouch! Yes heat is dangerous for us but to some extent it does help preserve meteorites. Try running a jack hammer in a 240 degree f rotary lime kiln for an hour or more to knock down an ash ring while your boots soles are melting into the floor. Or cleaning an aluminum furnace while its running and your face mask starts to warp from the 2000deg f while you are on an external air hose to keep the heat down so you can work longer. KEEP COOL! Stay safe! Steve