[meteorite-list] Beware - Creatures of The Desert

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:43:15 -0700

Hi List! With my entomological background, I can attest first-hand to the
sting of the T-Hawk....while collecting (insects) on the shores of Parymid
Lake in Nevada, naturally I swept a large one into my net and my usual
capture techiques escaped me as it also tried to escape me. It did; I
didn't escape the sting. What I remember was akin to an electric
shock...literally, that buzzing feeling...and fortunately no allergic
reaction which would be akin to no water in the desert x 1000. Put me on
the ground for ten minutes.

[I should have had my eyes on the ground for NA
blood-vesel-DNA-Martian-chondrites :))

Richard Montgomery