[meteorite-list] AD - Meteorwrong Madness, Lunar Wrongs, LDG Wrong, Iron Wrongs - Rare Amber (Borneo, Chiapas, more!), Dino Bone, Meteorite Jewelry, more!

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:50:30 -0400

Hi Folks!

I have some exciting new offerings this week - including some unique
meteorwrongs, dinosaur bone, shark teeth, and a large quantity of rare
amber specimens. See below for details. Use the coupon code
"metlist" at checkout for 20% OFF your entire order. If you have any
problems with the coupon or checkout, contact me via email.

NEW OFFERINGS (Meteorwrongs, Fossils, and Amber) -

METEORWRONGS -

Anorthosite (Lunar Analog, Lunar Meteorwrong) - this is terrestrial
anorthosite, the same mineral that lunar rocks are made of. This is
what big chunks of pristine lunar material look like, and the white
areas seen on the Moon are anorthosite. Now you can display or own a
large "moon rock" for a fraction of the cost of buying a real lunar
meteorite. These are good for educational use to show the differences
(and similarities) between Earth rocks and lunar meteorite. I have
several sizes available.

Big Anorthosite -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/lunar-meteorite-analog-meteorwrong-terrestrial-anorthosite-337g

Medium Anorthosite -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/lunar-meteorite-analog-meteorwrong-terrestrial-anorthosite-220g

Medium Anorthosite 2 -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/lunar-meteorite-analog--meteorwrong-terrestrial-anorthosite-52g

Small Anorthosite -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/unar-meteorite-analog-meteorwrong-terrestrial-anorthosite-fragment

Iron meteorwrongs (iron silicate slag meteorwrongs) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/iron-meteorwrongs-clever-and-interesting-iron-silicate-slags

Libyan Desert Glass Analog/Wrong (Copal) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/columbian-copal-looks-like-beautiful-libyan-desert-glass-17g

FOSSILS -

Cretaceous Dinosaur bone -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/dinosaur-bone-cretaceous-period-from-canada-rough-fragments

Large Cretaceous shark teeth -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/shark-tooth-fossil-cretaceous-period-large-premium-grade-tooth

AMBER and COPAL -

Rare Amber and Copal - fossilized tree resin ranging in age from a few
thousand to tens of millions of years old. Some pieces contain
entombed insects and plants.

I have acquired a large lot of amber from an old collection. This
material has been sitting with a friend for many years - this was
before the big spike in interest when Jurassic Park came out. Most of
the pieces are rough and unsearched. Some of the Polish pieces have
windows polished into them and you can see plant matter and
inclusions. Almost all of these pieces are rough and unsearched.
Many of these amber types are quite rare and are not seen on the
market. Prices on amber have been climbing steadily over the last few
years, and global supplies are dwindling. Don't be fooled by fake or
misrepresented amber on eBay (it's almost as bad as meteorites) -
these pieces have superb provenance and are 100% genuine.

I have listed several pieces of each type and a large collection
(dealer lot?). Refer to the links below -

All Amber and Copal - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/copal-amber

Baltic (Russian) amber - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/baltic-amber

Bitterfield (German) amber -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/bitterfield-amber

Borneo (Sarawak Malaysia) amber -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/borneo-amber

Chiapas (Mexico) amber - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/chiapas-amber

Dominican (Dominican Republic) amber -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/dominican-amber

Polish amber - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/polish-amber

Columbian copal - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/copal-columbian

Kauri (New Zealand) copal - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/kauri-copal

Madagascar copal - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/copal--madagascar

Amber with inclusions (insects, plants) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/raw-rough-amber

Copal that looks like Libyan Desert Glass! -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/columbian-copal-looks-like-beautiful-libyan-desert-glass-17g

Large collection or dealer lot -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/amber-collection-big-assortment-of-rare-types-unsearched-662g

OTHER METEORITE OFFERINGS -

Low-cost Weston micromounts (historical US fall) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/weston--historic-first-witnessed-fall-meteorite-in-america-1807

Shocked crater sand from Canyon Diablo -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/canyon-diablo--shocked-coconino-sand-from-meteor-crater

Big, stable, "silver" patina Canyon Diablo iron meteorite -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/canyon-diablo-big-iron-meteorite-stable-nickel-silver-patina-144g

METEORITE JEWELRY -

I have some *gorgeous* meteorite jewelry available. Note, this is NOT
the usual wire-wrapped stuff you see on eBay that looks like
soccer-mom made it using materials from Michael's Arts and Crafts.
This is the real deal - professionally made jewelry from a master
lapidary artisan. The pendants have a superb cut and polish - my
pitiful photos cannot do them justice. I am so confident in the
quality of this jewelry, that I will offer your money back on it if
you are not satisfied with it when you receive it.

Each pendant comes with a sterling silver chain and findings. You
also get a nice gift box with each necklace set. I only have a
limited amount of these sets, and they are priced very competitively -
especially if you use the "metlist" 20% discount coupon at checkout.

Pendant #2 - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-pendant-w-sterling-silver-necklace-hand-made-nwa-869-2

Pendant #3 - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-pendant-w-sterling-silver-necklace-hand-made-nwa-869-3

Pendant #4 - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-pendant-w-sterling-silver-necklace-hand-made-nwa-869-4

Pendant #5 - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-pendant-w-sterling-silver-necklace-hand-made-nwa-869

Pendant #6 - http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorite-pendant-w-sterling-silver-necklace-hand-made-nwa-869-5

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

--
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com