[meteorite-list] Cold Asteroids May Have A SoftHeart(AllendeMeteorite)

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 09:27:46 -0700

Hi Sterling

Sorry for taking so long in responding, but I am still catching up from
being out of email access for three days this weekend and I missed this
one.

The presence of hydrated silicates on asteroid 2 Pallas dates back to the
early 1980s and has been confirmed numerous times and spectrally matches
Murchison.

So unless you imply low water as being only about 10% water by mass,
Pallas is not dry!

Larry

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/LPSC98/pdf/1310.pdf

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2008DPS....40.2204S