[meteorite-list] All meteorite hunters

From: alphoto at rambler.ru <alphoto_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 09:17:36 +0400

Hello! I welcome all fans of meteoric subjects! In advance I am sorry
for my bad English. I address first of all to those at whom there is an
experience of search of meteorites in deserts and who well is guided in
satellite cards. (I was guided through Google E.) I live in Uzbekistan,
for a long time I am interested in meteorites and their search. On
serious expeditions didn't participate, only in short trips, and it is
very rare (2-3 times a year). Having made preliminary investigation,
having gone on more low listed places has drawn a conclusion - that it
is necessary to start serious searches. Approximately in October I plan
20-25 day expedition on our calcareous plateaus and dry lakes.

Suspected areas for searches:
 - Small areas of a plateau to the south from mountains Auminzatau, -
approximately 41 ? 4'56.50"N, 63?50'51.06" E.
 - Edge of a plateau of Mingbulak of a hollow, - approximately
42?10'11.09"N, 63 ? 5'37.09" E.
 - Dry lake - approximately 40?52'38.62"N, 63?10'24.23" E.

How you think - these places are how much perspective? (If to judge on
satellite pictures.)
Or can be to us it is necessary to investigate others?

Let's go with the friend together, unfortunately our car - not a jeep,
therefore the majority of time it is necessary to go on foot. On a site
saharamet.com read that by search on deserted plateaus in Libya they
tried to search for meteorites some days on foot. As a result they have
found meteorites, but it is not enough on weight in the sum than by
search on a jeep. But rare species have been found very much.

On this statement how many is true?
Whether also the big percent of probability to find meteorites in
environmental conditions of Uzbekistan at loss of annual norm of rain
and snow in 150-200 mm.?

Also has read that in the conditions of desert chondrites can will
remain till 50 000 years. Whether truly that achondrites can native iron
will remain the much bigger period of time, after all in them few, and
they are oxidized more slowly?

Very much I ask all experts to help us in the put questions.
I will be very glad to all to those who will answer me!

Yours faithfully.
Leonenko Alexander.
Navoi. Uzbekistan.
alphoto at rambler.ru