[meteorite-list] Real or not real.

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:32:49 -0400

Hi Greg,

I can think of two examples of mysterious specimens. One is
Shirokovsky and the other is Mendota. Scientists are certain that
both are not meteoritic, but yet, nobody can explain how either one
was created. Such stones fall under the category of "We know what it
isn't..." versus "we know what it is..."

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com