[meteorite-list] Which came first the chicken or the egg?

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:59:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers

The question is which came first the chicken or the eggs? Well lets get back to the but I have a better one, which came first Calcalong Creek Lunar?or ALHA81005 Lunar ? Sources and research states that ALHA81005 was the first Lunar meteorite. But how can that be? Calcalong Creek meteorite was recovered by an Aborigine meteorite hunter in the Millbillillie strewnfield in 1960 ish and discovered by Robert Haag in 1990 ish. Now wouldn't the statement make more since if it read like this.......

Calcalong Creek meteorite was the first discovered Lunar meteorite and ALHA81005 was the first classified Lunar meteorite?

These sources state this........

ALHA81005

Whats special about this one?

It's the first rock found on Earth recognized to be a meteorite from the Moon. Compositionally, mineralogically, and texturally it is unlike any other lunar meteorite.

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/alha81005.htm

Calcalong Creek

Whats special about this one?

It was the first lunar meteorite to have been found outside of Antarctica.
It is the only lunar meteorite to have been found in Australia.

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/stones/calcalong.htm

I would say the links are partly right but feel that Calcalong Creek should also say that it was the first found Lunar meteorite.

So now what came first Calcalong Creek or ALHA81005 or can we say the chicken?

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html