[meteorite-list] 99 Luft-bottles - sitting in my cabinet drawer

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:47:03 -0400

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the kind words. Now that you mention it, it is sort of
"steampunkish", I like that. :)

Unfortunately, nobody ever gets to see this collection of vials. The
drawers stay hidden inside my specimen cabinet. At one time, I had
the little vials out on a display shelf, and I loved how that looked.
But, over time, the number of vials grew beyond what the little shelf
could hold. I would have installed another shelf, but now that my
grandson turned two, I figured it was best to pick them up and keep
them stored safely away - out of his curious reach. All it took was
for me to imagine him bumping into the shelf and dozens of little
glass vials falling onto the floor and breaking, with hammer falls and
exotic crumbs scattered all over the room. LOL

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com