[meteorite-list] My first classification - NWA 6696 (LL3.6)

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:54:31 -0400

Hi Mike, List,

Congrat's on your classification!

The way you described the meteorite as having armored chondrules and
thinking it was possibly a CR, then finding out it's an LL 3.6 made me
think of a very similar scenario that has recently played out for me. I
thought a chondrite I bought in 2008 was possibly a CR as did some
other list members and it turned out to be an LL 3.8. I'd like to see
pictures of yours Mike, I wonder if it looks similar. Here's a link to
pic's of my new classifications, NWA 6581, ( LL 6) and NWA 6582, the LL
3.8.

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/alienrockfarm/

I saw that yours is 1 of only 16 meteorites with that classification,
so despite its "unassuming" status amongst a pile of lunars and such,
it's still a rarity!

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
?