[meteorite-list] New type of fake moldavite coming soon?

From: Armando Afonso <armandoafonso_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 20:19:19 +0100

?Hydrofluoric acid can do the job.
AA

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yinan Wang" <veomega at gmail.com>
To: "Michael Gilmer" <meteoritemike at gmail.com>
Cc: <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>; "tracy latimer"
<daistiho at hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] New type of fake moldavite coming soon?

I'm actually curious as to how they're being made. Can casting glass
be that detailed? Are they etched by hand? Or is there some sort of
air ablation system being used as the glass cools?

Or are they using giant rail guns to fire projectiles into sand to
artificially create moldavites :) ... jk.

- Yinan