[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell & the Beyer 'Monster' Philippinite

From: Aubrey Whymark <tinbider_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:28:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi List

I am trying to trace the history of the Beyer 'Monster' philippinite (1,070g). I know that some of you knew Darryl and therefore may have discussed this with him.

Does anyone on the list know how Darryl acquired this specimen (it originally belonged to Beyer)? Did anyone else own it inbetween? Also what were the circumstances of the donation of this specimen to the Corning Museum of Glass? I believe the donation was made in year 2000. Does anyone have 'the animal' - I assume this was acquired at the same time.

Thanks, Aubrey
www.tektites.co.uk