[meteorite-list] Shirokovsky

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bob and List,

My guess is that scrap metal from a nearby junkyard was thrown into a 40 kilogram crucible and then preheated/shattered olivine crystals were mixed in. Perhaps a FE Ford big block was melted down since it contains about the same amount of nickel.

At least to me, it was an obvious fraud from the beginning.? When I first laid eyes on a pile of this garbage, I walked away immediately.? I neither purchased or sold any.? The material was already bar-coded before it hit Tucson.? There were no pieces with outside surface. Frogman photographs without a single image of person's face diving in middle of winter, posted on a website, prepared ahead of time with the intention to defraud collectors out of their hard earned money.?

I won't waste any more time on this fraud and can't understand why anybody would won't it polluting their collections.

Adam