[meteorite-list] Sale Ad / Moapa Valley CM1 Main Mass and Slices for sale

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 02:46:53 -0400

Hi Count Guido

I have absolutely no knowledge, but there are several factors you need
to consider before sparring with the Met Bulletin.

First, is the coordinate system specified? It is quite easy to mix up
WGS's in those sorts of localities regardless of what the official
policy is ...

That may or may not introduce a lot-sized variance ....

Then, in 2004, were the GPS' signals corrected or still scrambled
several tens of meters, I can't remember when the switch was made.

Last of what ocurrs to me at the moment - but the house you are
discussing was built in 2004. The meteorite was found in 2004. See
where this is headed? The rest of the area is basically still desert
unless there has been very recent construction.

If I had a dime for every coordinate complaint I had, I wouldn't need
to work again ;-), but unless you know something else, it is a bit soon
to explore that tangent especially when the message for this astounding
material was put up for salle moments ago. As always the best case is
to be friendly with the finder, get them drunk and then take them out
there. There's not a single secret that can withstand being spilled
with that methodology when in the hands of a pro---

Kindest wishes and the best of luck hunting
Doug

(I hope I have addressed this message properly, in light of the last
touchy discussion on the subject, as I can't get myself to be formal to
use titles of nobility with last names in non-formal discussion lists.
I certainly will if that is what you prefer, though, for whatever
reason. After so long in Mexico where titles of nobility were
punishable by the firing squad and prohibited by law, we all grow up
with the idea that it is strictly an old world custom. This aside is
in this message becasue in the past I have addressed you by my
preference as simply an acquaintance in an informal setting - 'Guido',
and just want it known that it was respectfully equally as with all
other list members.)