[meteorite-list] Weather Underground / NOAA

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 21:34:40 +0200

Hi Darryl and everyone

It seems that the worst has gone.

Mal Bishop also recommended Weather Underground and a link where
you can customize and choose which radar to look from.
It was really helpful with quite some detailed information
like localized wind direction etc...

Than you again Mal !

You could clearly see the path that Irene was taking and forget about the
hype that some networks like to maintain.

Part of Mal Bishop previous email:
[Here a local "real-time" map you can customize.

(http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=JFK&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&type=TR0&zoommode=pan&map.x=400&map.y=240?erx=400?ery=240&prevzoom=zoom&num=10&delay=15&scale=1&showlabels=1&s
mooth=1&noclutter=0&showstorms=99&rainsnow=1&lightning=1&remembersettings=on&setprefs.0.key=RADNUM&setprefs.0.val=10&setprefs.1.key=RADSPD&setprefs.1.val=15&setprefs.2.key=RADC&setprefs.2.val=0&setprefs.3.key=RADSTM&setprefs.3.val=99&setprefs.4.key=SLABS&setprefs.4.val=1&setprefs.5.key=RADRMS&setprefs.5.val=1&setprefs.6.key=RADLIT&setprefs.6.val=1&setprefs.7.key=RADSMO&setprefs.7.val=1)

I just choose the NY area for you and your friends so you could see
immediately what you can do to customize the radar map ...zoom in, zoom out,
show individual storms within Irene, etc.]

Stay safe
All the best !
Michael