[meteorite-list] Arizona Haboob - Video

From: Jonathan Abel <abelcompany_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:59:07 -0700

List...

I've been enjoying the group for about a year, but this is my first
post. I was a first-time, successful meteorite hunter at Ruben Garcia's
Holbrook Hunt...found two tiny ones! Eureka!

While the Northeast withstands "feet" of rain, we in Arizona have
sustained a record heat 117F yesterday and three major dust storms this
summer...one of these "Haboobs" was 100 miles across, a mile high and
traveled at 60MPH through our "Valley of the Sun"!

Another wall of dust was coming a few days ago, so I grabbed my camera
and shot both video and stills to document the super-cell as it
swallowed my neighborhood and swept us magically into a "dark and stormy
night"...(I particularly enjoyed shooting the lightning "stills" from my
back yard).

My college room-mate wrote and performed the music for my video
entitled, "Duster"!

http://www.youtube.com/user/abelcompany#p/u/0/wjIzzcYlFIE

Enjoy!

Jonathan Abel