[meteorite-list] A Plan To Place An Asteroid In Earth Orbit

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 01:27:10 +0200

Hi Sterling, list -

what concerns your 33 m. Asteroid scenario: the Tunguska event, following
actual insights, could have been caused by a stony asteroid (or comet) of
low density, diameter 30 - 50 m. That is same weight division. No crater,
indeed. But a bit more than "a lot of fast fragments". When I try to imagine
the fail of such an experiment over a megacity such as NY, I'd prefer much
hurrican Irene ...

Best regards,
Matthias