[meteorite-list] A Plan To Place An Asteroid In Earth Orbit

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:35:08 -0400

"Steve wrote:
"A 10 meter astroid would be similar ... our best defence against a
larger extinction event astroid."

Steve, before taking the controls of Asteroid videogames, you need to
dig up an old Spirograph toy. They are really fun. There you can
learn all you want about deflecting *astroids* with Spirograph and make
all kinds of orbits and deflect them more or less with a pen. For
real, you can draw the most awesome astroids with a spirograph set.

Or if you are technical, and too old for toys, this ought to clear it
up:
http://online.redwoods.cc.ca.us/instruct/dhicketh/math50c/projectfall99/specialplanecurve/astroid.htm

Over a few years on the list you've always written *astroid*. Your
calculations for unablated, unfragemented meteoroid sizes more if you
decide to fix that. Yeah, its just a typo, and some people in this
world can't even spell their own name. Just a shameless plug for
Spirograph:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150653856668

Kindest wishes
Doug