[meteorite-list] Primitive Achondrite Question

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:30:13 -0500 (EST)

Dr. Rubin wrote:

"the origin of these meteorites is not important for their proper
classification, but it can lead to heated debates."

*Heated debates* - Pun intended or was it an unintended bonus?!

Thanks for your perspective on classification. I think you are kindly
answering this question but holding back on the philosophical question
- Is it the classification that is the end in itself; or does the
classification exist mainly to make sense out of the origin of these
species? Dynamical/Population vs. 'Geo'logical?

Kindest wishes
Doug
(in a perpetual minority myself)