[meteorite-list] Fwd: Primitive Achondrite Question

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 17:09:50 -0800

I knew my UCD background BS in systematic Entomolology would eventually come
in handy within this List! It is always the newly discovered species, and
in our meteorological sense, the yet-to-be-discovered anomalous weirdo
species or meteorite that shatters previous convention.

Having just re-read Dodd's text 1981 twice within the last year I am struck
by how at that time lunar and Martian meteorites were 'ruled out' by the
principal that 'none-exist'....and we know now why that was 'so' 1981 and
today isn't.

My sincere salute to you classifying meteoriticists for your stellar work
and grounded principles (puns intended) for using all current and pending
specimens now available for the work you do! (And for putting one's butt on
the line many more times than twice.)

Sincerely,
Richard Montgomery