[meteorite-list] AD: Special: NWA 6966 prov. - a Classy and Elegant new Eucrite

From: Chladnis Heirs <news_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:31:01 +0100

Dear Meteorite Friends

Fittingly to the season we'll introduce today to you a very fine new
eucrite: NWA 6966 prov.

Some of you might remember the number,
as the stone before cutting was displayed due to its aesthetics already in
Paul's MPOD before:
http://www.tucsonmeteorites.com/mpodPic.asp?DD=10/28/2011&WYD=

NWA 6966 came as strongly flight oriented stone of 1105 grams, unfortunately
with a not fully complete fusion crust, but with some areas missing - else
it would have been a remarkable and true museum's specimen.
Nevertheless it was of a fine fresh appearance and the fusion crust
exhibited radial flow lines.

So the slicing was well worth, as the outcome resulted in, in our opinion,
very desirable specimens of attractive dimensions.

NWA 6966 presents itself as a weakly shocked polymict eucrite.
Most striking to the eye are the basaltic, typically freckled large
eucrite-nests, emerging from the especially fine grained matrix.
Other than the wilder polymict ones, the inventory of the clasts is more
limited and the colors and tints more monochrome,

.bestowing upon that material an especially elegant and wintery noblesse.

Here you find now the fine-grinded, fusion crusted and moderately priced
slices:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/specials/special-nwa6966.html

Greetings out of the first snow,
Martin & Stefan

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com