[meteorite-list] Strange Meteor

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:33:17 -0500

We saw a strange meteor tonight from Plymouth, Indiana. We were facing south
and I looked east just in time to see a very bright meteor falling at a 45
degree angle. I've never seen one quite like it. It looked like a very
bright star dropping in a straight line with no tail or flashes or changes
in brightness. Then it suddenly went out. It literally looked like a falling
star. It was so bright, I thought it was an airplane or car light reflection
in the windshield. I've seen lots of meteors, but never one like that.

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum