[meteorite-list] New Southern AZ cold find

From: U.S. Airborne <ontheroad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:38:16 -0800

 Its been quite some time since I last posted to the list . I think it was
last summer when I was in Shetland Islands & up in the arctic circle helping
film whale wars with animal channel & Sea Sheppard . Hunting for
meteorites in old Scottish rock walls was about as exciting as my summer of
hunting got. I had such big plans for hunts all across the west but because
of being outta the country most all summer a big nothing was all I got .
 Mid Oct. My wife Terri & I closed the flight park up in WA state & headed
out for the winter of meteorite hunting & flying Our 1st stop over for
meteorite hunting was Northern NV for a great hunt where we located 4 new
meteorites in 3 days of hunting. It was getting chilly up in northern NV so
we headed for warmer air in SO AZ. During our travels in the rv we ran
across some really amazing buys on property so we bought a nice 1 acre place
out in the desert NW of Tucson AZ . So finally yesterday one of my dreams
came true my wife Terri, pup Sundance & my self went out on our 1st
meteorite hunt since we moved into the new AZ CASA. We were only out 15
min from the house when we started hunting some nice old desert pavement
areas. In less then 1 hour and not even 50 ft from where I parked the 4x4
buggy ,Terri found her 1st cold find. I must say that girl has a great eye
for them space rocks & has found for far share this last year. Over this
last year she has really gotten bit hard by the meteorite bug & now wants to
hunt as much as I do . I sliced her find open when we got home & it's a
nice little OC most likely a H .
Its been one of my dreams to live where I could walk out side my house &
hunt meteorites. So I can see now the next 20 years will be filled with lots
of exciting hunting trips. I can fly my little aircraft outta here to any
remote location with in 500 miles of here . Kinda like a kid in a candy
store. Gotta love life here in America still home of the free. Also an
other great big plus with this location is Iam not far from the Tucson show.
  I be dreaming of a new meteorite fall for the SW just any day now.
 Happy Holidays to All of the meteorite lovers across the globe
 Happy hunting to all.
 The Johnson Clan (Scott ,Terri, Sundance & Rio)

U.S. AirBorne Sport Aviation LLC
Eagles Nest Airpark
Sport Pilot C.F.I WSC-L WSC-S
www.usairborne.com