[meteorite-list] Allende meteorite selling for around $40 a gram!!!

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:57:00 -0500

Hi,

I don't understand your intemperance. The suggestion that auctions are inherently scams is bewildering. There are deals to be found at auctions....and objects zealously fought over; an auction house merely makes the market.

Please also consider it was the traditional auctions in the mid-90s that resulted in an avalanche of media that created a burst of interest in meteorites---which was among the catalysts to a new generation of hunters. As I said previously, Allende was an anomaly.